03 July 2011

Supanova 2011: Cosplay


One of the things I most look forward to every year is seeing what characters people choose to come along dressed up as. Most people aren't particularly hardcore about wanting to entering the cosplay competition, so there's some hilariously DIY concoctions to go along with all the jaw-droppers which are clearly the result of a lot of money and effort. Most of the really fancy ones tend to be anime or video game characters that I know nothing about, so the ones that get me excited are the more 'conventional' and creative ones, like last year's kick-ass Batman, and these guys dressed up as the crew from Misfits. Overall I'd say the cosplay probably wasn't as plentiful as last year. After seeing some photos from the east coast Supanovas, Perth has to pick up its game! There were some really cool ones though, so head below the cut for a few snaps from both days.


Ghostbusters
Star Trek
Earthworm Jim (!!!)
Hellboy
The best Amy Pond of the weekend
Family Star Wars cosplaying
Vampire Knight (I've never seen/read this anime, but I LOVE the costumes)
Stormtroopers from the 501st Legion
Master Chief
Deadpooooooool!

2 comments:

  1. Your Deadpool pic is super awesome. Love the costume, the pose, the composition, the background. Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what the Misfits one was - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete